Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What? How Much?

My last appointment with my regular obgyn was today. This week has been horrible!

1) nightmares galore. They won't stop! I wake up crying, screaming, in shock, and confused! (these dreams include dying babies, Scandalous wooing of made up hunks, being forgotten as the world lives on and passes me by, my husband leaving me for beautiful made up women, and being pregnant with baby dying.....) Is that last one reality or a dream?

2) Emotions are out of control! I cry at the stupidest things, I cry in the middle of the night, and I cry just to cry! I can't help it, it just happens!

3) my husband is having troubles with school and I can't really help! He wants to pass his classes and is studying for all his tests but his grades seem to keep slipping... They are at (B's) now....it's frustrating!!

4) I have spent most of the time drinking fluid and taking care of myself day in and day out going "overboard" in trying to keep out infection and keep in the water. What has it gotten me so far?

I will tell you now that you have gone deeply into my mind and life, I should let you know what happened today at my appointment to finish off my "wonderful" week.

A) Baby was ALIVE!
B) there was over an AFI of 8!!!! (WHAT, HOW MUCH? No way recheck!) (she was almost floating again)
C) she is still a girl
D) that water pocket of fluid by her heart has gone down!
E) she was being so cute with the camera: yawing, balling her fists by her face, pressing her toes into my cervix (felt so weird), and I could count her fingers and toes!

We got pictures of most of these things, which I will be posting later. But how exciting that I have gotten these results! I am so happy with relief and shock and gratitude! I love her and my hubby and my children! I love today's appointment! I love you all for not forgetting me totally. What a great way to start my last week of freedom! Next week, hospital here I come!!! (now if I can just get those dreams of wooing hunks to increase to more than the baby dreams, I will be one happy woman!..... Yes John laughs at me!!)

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing news! Almost floating? So cool! What is considered a good AFI? Your baby is such a fighter! Keep up the drinking (water that is)...it seems to be working. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one. This will all be worth it when you finally get to hold her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany, you make my cry with joy! Imaging holding her in my arms (now that would be a good dream!) 10 AFI is normal, they want at least 8!!! I'm not sure how long the fluid will stay in but anytime is better than no time! The Ultra sound tech said she might just be with us after all! Our little miracle baby!

      Delete
  2. Serious? She is SO CLOSE to normal! I'm totally crying right now too! What a blessing and miracle! I know you both can get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is crazy good news! What a wonderful appointment and way to give you the hope that you need and deserve. I hope that your dreams will get better now and heck, I wouldn't consider dreams about hunks wooing me a nightmare :) Keep up the good work you two!

    ReplyDelete