Tuesday, February 28, 2012

23 Weeks 5days

I was admitted to the hospital a little earlier than expected.... One night earlier actually! I had this green discharge and felt nasty last night so I called the on call doctor and asked him if the discharge was normal. He was very concerned about it and said I need to be checked asap. I decided to go straight to St. Francis instead of the hospital close by so I didn't need to be transferred by ambulance the next day. It was the BUMPIEST trip the whole hour and fifteen minutes there! I lay in the back of my mother's luxury van and one time I bounced a foot into the air. lol. I thought, "well if I wasn't in labor before I will be now!"

The doctor had called ahead so that the hospital would be expecting us, but when we got there... they had no clue who I was, where I came from,  or what I was going through!! It was awful!!! They checked my "area". WHICH I WAS SOOOO ANGRY ABOUT, because that increases the risk of infection and my doctors have been trying to stay away from that!! I tried to tell them NO but they were worried about the green discharge and infection. The worst part was the doctor that came in. I would compare him to MR. BEAN!!!! He looked like he was clueless about pregnancy or about anything! I had to tell him my story from the beginning and cover EVERYTHING the doctors have told me!! He says "well, uh" and makes a BEAN face. I was not in the mood for comedy and felt like I had to take the reins. I just told them I would still like to meet with Dr. Muinch and be admitted since it was going to happen tomorrow anyway.

I finally got my room and was set up. I changed into some comfy clothing of my own and explored my room. VERY NICE! It is very big! and has a pull out couch bed for the hubby when he stays the night. The night nurse kept me up half the night listening to baby and getting my vitals and getting me up to potty! I was exhausted by morning. I slept maybe four hours. In the morning I met Dr. Muinch for the first time. Professional, stern, to the point, does what he thinks is best, and gives OPTIONS! I felt intimidated and walked on. I am soooo tired of hearing how my baby will be a cripple and have problems if... IF... she survives. I DON"T CARE! I am going to do everything I think is best to give her the best chance she can get!!!!!!

Don't worry it gets better....

The ultra sound tech came later and scanned me and baby for an hour or more! I am VERY interested in seeing my baby so I didn't mind one bit!! I had so much fun! Except the parts where I kept falling asleep! How embarrassing! hope she didn't notice! I saw everything about my little girl! Her lungs moving, her beautiful heart, her sweet face, and how her feet and hands were touching her face. In fact, it was clear she was chewing on something.... or maybe is was sucking on something. At first the tech couldn't figure out if it was her toes or her fingers!!! We finally got a great picture, which I will post later, of her sucking her THUMB! And get this,,, she scored an 8 out of 8 on body movement and 40% in the growth percentile! 1lbs 4oz!!

Just waiting for the doctor to come back and tell me what he thinks of it all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going good. I've come to the conclusion that Dr.s really aren't that smart & really don't kniw everything medically. Miracles happen everyday they need more faith I think! Best wishes coming your way. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey, I have made that same conclusion. It is frustrating because you want to trust them and their knowledge!

      However I will tell you that out of the lips of this same doctor later today he called my baby a miracle baby!!!

      Delete