Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cloth on that BUM!

I am starting to Cloth diaper my babies. I tried it a while back with what they call flats and it was okay but I couldn't leave the house because he would Pee once and I had to change him or nap time, same issue... And bed time! It worked great with #2 though and washing them was not a big deal at all! Really easy!!

So the other day I did a lot of research on cloth diapering and figured out what I would like to try! Pockets with bamboo inserts and flats for inserts! If they work I will buy more! They are so friggin CUTE! I would like to try all in ones but they are pricey! I just wish I would have tried this way earlier! I would have saved $5,000 total is the past five years with my number of children! This included disposable diapers, disposable wipes, and bum cream for three children with two diapering at one time it is probably more, but i'm not going to dig up receipts!

So if I buy enough diapers to fit Cannon, Breyla at night, and baby on the way for three days no laundry it will be $250.... Then I need to buy some clothes specifically for diaper changes, enough to last three days also and it will be $10 and you can't use any zinc cream with these cloth diapers (which have always made my kids break out anyways) they suggest corn starch baby powder or coconut oil!!! Very cheap and lasts forever, not to mention toxic free!!! Then you add two loads of laundry a week which means nothing to our pile that never runs out! Plus... I never have to buy again! unless I find something too cute that I want to see on my babies bottom! They have everything!

Cloth diapering can be as easy as disposables and quick! They have some many cute diapers that look like disposables but have the cutest designs and colors! I am going to try to go neutral so they can be used by my girls and my boy... But I will have to get a couple cute pinks and purples for pure pleasure's sake!!

Cloth diapers has its downs, like trial and error and scrapping poop into the toilet but I have heard that you don't get those explosions that I always seem to be cleaning up with my kids with disposables. Its great for my wallet, the environment, and babies bum!

3 comments:

  1. I started cloth diapering Nicole when she was 3 months old and I have LOVED it!! I do pocket diapers from a gal I found on facebook, and I am in LOVE with them!! SO cute!! Expensive up front but well worth it after like 30 days lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I've always considered cloth diapers but am too scared! Good luck! I'd love to know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will let you know! Im very excited for it!

    ReplyDelete