Sunday, April 1, 2012

She Is Here! 28w+2d

March 30 2012, I had a gigantic panic attack. I went to bed with my instincts screaming at me. I cried and cried and cried myself to sleep because I felt that I was not ready for loss or for a new baby. It was too soon, she was not far enough along. I felt I couldn't breathe with the idea she could be here by Monday. It was a very horrible and frightening experience. I'm not sure why my instincts were going hay wire!
The next morning, March 31, 2012 I woke up with a pulling sensation. I felt like something was being ripped from my right lower side. it hurt enough that I could not lay on that side or sleep. Later on the pain fizzled to an all around tenderness. I thought it was ligament pain but got worried when it just got worse. So I decided to make a casual visit to the hospital in pueblo to check things out. I thought I would be in and out in a couple of hours. My very good friends Sybil and Ashlyn drove me instead of my hubby because of all the children, they were so kind and loving.
When I got there, the typical routine was placed, papers to sign, monitors to get hooked up on, and questions to be answered. The on call doctor brought in an ultra sound machine and baby looked great... fluid level not so much. The on call doctor was convinced I had pre signs of infection and labor (which I dismissed) and started to get me ready to transfer to Springs. He said I was having regular contractions which I don't feel at all! I got an IV, a steroid shot, and a catheter. They also took samples of my blood to check my white blood cell count and checked my cervix. I had a low grade fever that went away quick.
The flight for life people showed up. They slowly loaded me onto a cot, down the private wings of the hospital, and to the helicopter pad. I had my first ride in a chopper. The flight was about 25 or so minutes. John drove to catch up with me (an hour drive) and got there just 10 to 15 minutes after me!
When I arrived at the hospital they took me to labor and delivery which I thought was ridiculous! I got examined and was closed but 80% effaced. Baby was still doing awesome and had the hiccups. All the day before she was frantic in her movements and had a severe case of the hiccups.... I was starting to worry about her moving like she was panicking! Dr. Lurch was so kind. She told me I had high count of white blood cells, was very tender all over, and all signs pointed to infection. She wanted baby out before she got infected. I finally agreed and was told I would have a c section in 30 minutes (which felt like ten)!
Everything went so fast, I was crying! I was so scared! I was a mess! I got a spinal and got prepped. I was awake but could only feel preassure. I felt the jerking of the blade ripping across my belly and later on the baby being pulled from me. No sound! Just "she is out!" And "you are doing great". I started crying I was so panicked! John said he heard her a little. Then I finally heard a whimper! They brought her to me so I could get a peek before they took her off and John went with her as they stitched and stapled me up. I had to sit in recovery for two hours, no visitors!
And that is part one of this crazy journey of my sweet little Electa's birth!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how crazy! I am just so glad that she is here and that you both are doing good. She is so precious! I am so glad that you went into the doctor and got it all checked out. Yay for mother's intuition! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is a beautiful baby. She is quite the miracle :)You need to post a picture of her on here :) I couldn't believe how tiny she was! I'd never seen such a beautiful tiny baby! She's perfect, and she's yours! Keep me posted on her (and your) progress okay sweety??? love you! let me know if there's ANYTHING you need!!!

    ReplyDelete