Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How It ALL Started

John and I were ready to give it a try, I was having some serious brain troubles and physical aliments with my IUD I had inside of me and we desperately wanted it removed anyway, To give my self a few months rest we practiced the rythm method. But then we were both ready mentally and physically to have our fourth child.

We got it right on our first month of trying! I knew I was pregnant right away and so excited. This time, however, we wanted it to be kept a suprise for as long as possible and we decided to not find out the gender for some extra fun.

Well my first appointment on ultra sound didn't turn out so hot. Doctor was worried because baby's sack wasn't sticking to the uterus like it was supposed to. Also baby looked a bit younger than the first day of my last period. A whole week younger infact. Also  there was some wierd fluid just floating around.
I went in again two weeks later and baby's sack was perfect, and growth wise was good, and the fluid had disapeared. WOOOHOOO! Right?

At 12 weeks after a very physically exhausting day of directing, I almost fainted. My best friend who was with me (thank you Elyssa) was very worried and took me to the hospital which was not very far from the church at all. By the time I got there in just fifteen to twenty minutes, I had bleed through my pants completely and was starting to soak through onto every chair in which I sat. Did I mention I was having very strong contractions. I was like "OH NO!" A miscarriage? The ultrasound said no though. The baby was kicking and swimming about. nodding it's litttle head with a nice strong heart beat. They released me with threatened miscarriage. I asked "So where did all the blood come from?" They didn't even try to figure it out! "We don't know...." Oh well, baby was safe.

Just four weeks later. At 15 and a half weeks my water breaks!!! I had no Idea what was going on at first. I thought maybe my bladder was broken. My fluid was dirty brown and discussting looking. I  started calling my mom and grandmother and others because I was really hurting and really concerned. I am very glad I got a hold of my sister-in-law Jeannette. She urged me to get to the doctor or hospital right away and that my water had broke. She was exactly right and it is a good thing I followed her advice.

I was put on "take it easy" and "check your temperature every four hours watch". There was nothing else to be done. Me being so early on in the pregnancy, they gave me the gravest of news.... "No matter what, this is going to be a miscarriage/"

2 comments: