Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rude Awakening

This morning was the most peaceful morning I have had in so long. I woke up early as usual though. I got to spend the entire morning with my husband. It was so peaceful for the first time in five years. We got to cuddle and enjoy the silence. He packed me a basket of bedside items, food, water, computer, and phone. He even made me the most wonderful breakfast of potatoes and eggs with cheese! We prayed and read scriptures together.
Then before he headed off to school I realized that those normal sounds of morning, tiny little feet padding to my bedroom to crawl in bed with me, cries of MAMA and Dad, squeals of delight, and screaming from the girls fighting weren’t going to come at ALL this morning. That ALL my little ones were gone! Somewhere else! My three babies won’t be coming home anytime soon and that today I was going to be all alone.

It was a very depressing and heart wrenching feeling. I even had the temptation to clean my entire house! Because who knows when I will have the chance to do so again! Don’t worry, I restrained myself! Instead, I am coming up with a schedule to accomplish things throughout my day while lying down.

READ, PRAY, write in my JOURNAL, write in my DIARY, write on my BLOG, analyze MY “P” BLESSING, NAP, and PLAY A THE SIMS 3….. That should be good till John gets home….

2 comments:

  1. *cough* you forgot to add talk with Elyssa on your list of things to do *cough* lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I woke up this morning to the patter of little feet. Two little girls laughing and fighting alernately. And Jacob wondering if he will survive--his peaceful world in total comotion. =)

    The girls love and miss Mommy, but are having a good time. Glad you're getting the peace you need.

    ReplyDelete