Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Little Lost

I have spent the past few days in my grandmothers care. My husband left for Idaho to see his youngest sister married. I heard it was a beautiful wedding and very enjoyable. I wish I could have taken part of it. But I am glad he at least got to go.

The first day of this adventure was heck! I had been so busy... I went to Walmart to pick up photos (in wheel chair of course), then to my high risk appointment (which was not what I expected it to be), then to eat (which lifted my spirits), then home to pack. My girls and husband got home and I was so happy to see my girls. Then my good friend showed up and brought me some really amazing burritos and I didn't have much of a chance to chat because things were so hectic! I packed the girls bags and everything was loaded into my grandmothers car. So my hubby and his parents and my boy all left for Idaho and the girls and I went to my grandmothers. When we got there we had to unload the vehicle and it was so hard! We had an 83 year old woman, a five year old, a three year old, and me. I felt so over whelmed and carried things and leaked a bunch and things fell apart! I missed my hubby and felt lonely and horrible! And to top it off, I got a call telling me I failed my glucose test and needed to come in immediately to take a round two! I couldn't stop crying for the life of me! My husband almost turned around to come back to be with me even though he was almost in Utah. I told him no and that I would make it.

I couldn't eat after midnight and early the next morning we left to go to the hospital to take round two. Four needles and tubes of blood and one nasty orange sweet drink later... I finished at noon. It was torture! And still haven't found out if I passed or not! That was a hard recovery!

The next day things got better but I had no sleep and I ended up falling down the stairs (I shouldn't have been up but I was so hungry and everyone was asleep! I regret getting up. I was worried sick over baby but never called because I didn't want to make another trip to the hospital! I have been sleepless but taken care of since. I am so grateful for all the care my grandmother has given me and my girls.

I can't wait to get back home with my family! It will be so complete. John has spring break this week and it will be fun to have him all day long every day till I leave. Thursday I must be prepared to be admitted to the hospital till I give birth. The doctor said that the next time i'm admitted i'm staying there for the rest of the pregnancy! I'm very nervous. Time feels nigh.... Like time is running out. I keep wondering if she will make it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment