Tuesday, April 10, 2012

C-Section

    Having a C-Section is not a great experience to have. I have had three natural births with some hard after-birth pain, which got worse after each baby. This tops all of that. Think about it. My first I had 18 hours of hard labor. My second was only 2 and 1/2 hours of labor. My third was 10 hours of labor (three of it very hard)! And all three after births I wanted pain killers even though I am not a pain killer person! The C-Section part was so scary, partly because I wasn't prepared for it and partly because I could feel all the pressure and tugging and the baby freaking out. (she literally squirmed rapidly into my ribs the second they took that blade to my abdomen! She was freaked out, her environment was being attacked!)
     It was terrifying yet not bad because there was no pain at all, until the spinal and drugs started wearing off! Then it was HECK! I had several panic attacks due to feeling like my lungs were constricting! It was kind of traumatizing. Recovery from major surgery isn't as easy as afterbirth, not for me. It could also be that I have been on bed rest for so long as well.

Below: Waiting for the C-Section

Below: Me, terrified to death but acting thrilled!

Below: MOM, DAD, and our MIRACLE

Electa Ruth


     Now I am home trying to reclaim the role of MOTHERHOOD that was ripped from me. The role of being a great wife and a homemaker. I miss my responsibilities and am glad to get them back, even if it is slow and taking one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I cant imagine how hard having a C-section would be. I am glad that you are recovering and getting to be a mom again. I bet it feels nice to gain more control over your life and have most of your family back together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it Johanna! I knew you could. Like you said, take it one day at a time, things will improve with time, and don't be hard on yourself. I am happy for you and your family. I can't wait to meet your miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emergency C-Sections are so hard. I did it with B and just wasn't prepared for it. The emotional was hard for me, since the drugs they use during the surgery increase anxiety. Your ribs will also spasm because of the amount of air that they pump into your body to make room for everything they need to do.

    I am grateful for the technology that make medical miracles happen, but I admit that the C-Section made being a new mom difficult at best.

    You're doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete